This slim style of tanto, popular in the 13th and 14th centuries, was characterized by its lack of sori (mu-zori), or curvature, and its length — typically somewhat shorter than tantos of later eras. This blade is made of folded modern steel, alternating high carbon and medium carbon layers, with a total of about 750 layers. The blade features a broad hamon with modest choji ashi. Click on any of the pictures for greater detail. No mount or habaki included. SOLD.
- Blade length: 8.25 inches (21 cm)
- Total length: 11.5 inches (29 cm)
- Width at machi: .9 inches (2.4 cm)
- Thickness: .2 inches (4.5 mm)
- Steel: Folded 1095 and 1050 steel
- Hamon: Gunome choji
- Hada: Mokume/Itame