This powerful o-tanto (large tanto or short wakizashi, depending on your perspective) features a striking grain pattern and a choji hamon. The complex folding process by which this blade was made yields a surface pattern (visible in the photographs below) resembling the grain pattern known as mokume which was found on many traditionally made Japanese blades. It’s well over 12 inches in blade length and is fully polished. Unmounted, blade only (no habaki). SOLD.
- Blade length: 12.75 inches (32 cm)
- Total length: 17.25 inches (43 cm)
- Width at machi: 1.2 inches (3 cm)
- Thickness: .25 inches (6 mm)
- Steel: Folded 1095 and 1050 steel
- Hamon: Choji
- Hada: Mokume