This tanto features folded steel in a mix of high and medium carbon. Blade length is just under 10 inches (25 cm) and is fully polished. The broad hamon features a gunome choji design with somewhat subtler ashi than is generally characteristic of my blades. Unmounted, blade only (no habaki). SOLD.
See photos below for details of the hada and hamon. Click on the pictures to see larger images with additional detail.
To purchase this blade or to obtain additional information, click here!
- Blade length: 9.9 inches (25 cm)
- Total length: 13.25 inches (34 cm)
- Width at machi: 1.1 inches (2.6 cm)
- Thickness: 3/16 inches (5 mm)
- Steel: Folded 1095 and 1050 steel
- Hamon: Gunome